Author Topic: How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!  (Read 12610 times)

Offline heartlikethat

• sig made by mel
Re: How dare Brooke do that to Rachel!
« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2010 at 05:42 PM »
It was a bad move on Brooke's part, definitely. It was messed up and rude but we have to admit that Rachel was much much worse than anything Brooke ever did.

"you're my best friend, hales, you always will be."

Offline rosie2333

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2010 at 06:02 PM »
we have to admit that Rachel was much much worse than anything Brooke ever did.

i think that depends on how you look at it!
Caleb Rivers

Offline heartlikethat

• sig made by mel
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2010 at 06:05 PM »
That's true, it definitely depends on perspective. But Rachel released the time capsule and that is basically the reason why Jimmy brought the gun to school. Some actions that Rachel took were just awful. I know Brooke definitely had her awful moments as well but not to the caliber that Rachel did, in my opinion. Rachel did have her good moments though, she redeemed herself and I became a fan of her in the end.

"you're my best friend, hales, you always will be."

Offline rosie2333

• Posting 24/7
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2010 at 06:55 PM »
but i don't think Rachel released the time capsule with the intention of it leading to the shooting- obviously. and after the shooting Rachel became less about committing malicious acts and more about apologising for her previous actions whereas i guess Brooke didn't seem to think being a better person was necessary.
Caleb Rivers

imike24

Offline rrios912

« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2010 at 01:02 AM »
Lol at people saying Rachel caused the school shooting. Pretty much every character on this show had a part in causing the school shooting. If Lucas, Haley, Mouth, and Skills hadn't cut Jimmy out it might have never happened. Sure, Rachel released the time-capsule, but chances are Jimmy would have snapped at some point anyway.

Anyways, I agree that Brooke was way out of line. I was so glad Mouth called her out on that. I love Brooke, but she shouldn't have done that, especially right after a school-shooting.

Offline ashleym

« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2010 at 04:04 PM »
Of course Rachel did terrible things, everyone knows that. But that's not what this is about. What bothered me most was that Brooke started a rivalry with Rachel FOR NO REASON. Rachel danced with Lucas at a party (before she had even MET Brook!), and Brooke decided to hate her and become enemies because Brooke likes high school and apparently having an enemy is part of the fun.

Rachel's releasing the time capsule has NOTHING TO DO with how Brooke treated her, because Brooke never knew about it!  The question is not whether Rachel deserved what she got, it's whether Brooke was right to give it to her.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2010 at 11:18 AM »
I don't think Brooke made Rachel her enemy because it was fun. I always thought it was more because she's jealous and threatened by Rachel. Brooke was always used to being the pretty popular girl and when Rachel came, there was a new pretty girl in school, so she probably looked at Rachel as her competition.

Rachel releasing the time capsule didn't make Jimmy go postal. He would have snapped regardless if the time capsule was released or not. And Rachel releasing the time capsule has nothing to do with what Brooke did; she didn't know who released the time capsule. She blew up fat pictures of Rachel and posted them all over school because Rachel said she saw Brooke masturbating? Yeah, that totally warrants Brooke's behavior. I'm so glad Mouth called her out on it because clearly, he seems to be the only one that learned anything from the school shooting.

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2010 at 04:34 PM »
^ Okay you have awesome posts haha. ITA.
I think that's just stupid to say it was Rachel's fault Jimmy shot up the school.

& I thought what Brook did was just plain ignorant and selfish. And THEN she acts all innocent and justified like she's someone to be pitied when she was talking with Mouth? Like really? lmao. I'm so glad someone finally called her out on her crap... even though I think it sucks that only one person got to...
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

JamesChad1

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2010 at 09:51 AM »
I think Rachel deserved it.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2010 at 10:13 AM »
I think Rachel deserved it.

And why is that?

JamesChad1

« Reply #111 on: October 26, 2010 at 10:52 AM »
She was cruel to Brooke from the minute that she arrived lol, ok so maybe Brooke shouldn't have scooped to that level considering what had happened with the shooting but Rachel got back what she gave out :)

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM »
Brooke was just as cruel to Rachel. Brooke automatically hated Rachel and was a bitch to her from the minute she met Rachel and she had no reasons to be!

Yeah, Rachel wasn't a great person, but given what just recently happened with the school shooting, Brooke's actions cannot be justified whatsoever. She put up private pictures of Rachel that she stole from her cabin to embarrass her for the simple fact that Rachel said she saw Brooke masturbating. That totally makes it okay.

Rachel never tried to publicly humiliate Brooke. All the things Rachel ever did to Brooke was trivial and high school things  (ie stealing her spot as captain, going on a date with a guy Brooke likes, etc...). What Brooke did was vindictive and she did it to purposely hurt/humiliate Rachel.

JamesChad1

« Reply #113 on: October 26, 2010 at 11:26 AM »
Unfortuately these things happen, its high school! Am I saying what Brooke did was right? No, she should have known better, all I'm stating is that my opinion was Rachel deserved it, as she knew how it felt to be treated like that. Rachel did alot of cruel things, releasing the time capsule, trying to seduce Nathan etc. Brooke and Rachel are two similar characters, neither of them actually thought about the consequences before actually doing something.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2010 at 11:42 AM »
Rachel releasing the time capsule wasn't cruel. She didn't know Jimmy was going to postal. Considering the state of mind Jimmy has been in, whether the time capsule was released or not, something else would've triggered him to go postal.

All the "cruel" things Rachel did has nothing to do with Brooke. Brooke did something vindictive, vengeful and cruel to get back at Rachel for calling her out on brooking herself. The things Rachel did to Brooke wasn't harmful in any way nor did she try to publicly humiliate Brooke. The fact that Brooke did this after the school shooting made it worse than it actually was, to be honest. Had Brooke done this prior to the shooting, I'm sure Rachel would've found a way to get back at her. But the fact that Brooke posted those pictures after the shooting showed how immature and childish she was and that she didn't learn anything from the school shooting.

And didn't Mouth tell her not to get back at Rachel and she did it anyway?

Offline morethananyone

• Posting 24/7
  • Icon: LJ
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2010 at 04:33 PM »
Not like what Brooke did wasn't a bad thing, I just had no sympathy for Rachel so it doesn't bug me.  Meh.
Hottest bitch in heels right here.

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2010 at 03:23 PM »
The timing was bad, I do agree with that.
But like Brooke said, she was never going to go through with it & reveal who it was. She was just trying to freak out Rachel a bit, which she totally deserved.

Offline Jensen

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #117 on: November 03, 2010 at 03:30 PM »
Lol, why so much defending of Rachel? She did a lot of awful things. In my opinion, both her and Brooke were in the wrong. And YEAH, releasing the time capsule was wrong, she had no right to do that, considering it was kind of morally wrong and I'm sure there was some rule against it? Brooke of course should have learned, but whatever, Rachel was a bitch most of the time, I loved her character, but don't make stuff up about Rachel being innocent or something, she definitely needed to learn a lesson.

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #118 on: November 03, 2010 at 03:47 PM »
I really don't understand it when people say Rachel is so much worse than Brooke cause she really isn't. Rachel was always way too good for Brooke & that's why I don't really support the BR friendship.

But anyways, it was BROOKE who was so rude to Rachel FIRST. Then Rachel just started being rude to her AFTER in response. Like who be nice to someone who was so rude to you in the first place? Um NO ONE. Rachel is headstrong and no way was she gonna stand there while B went all bitchy just cause she was getting some of her spotlight stolen.

But even then, Rachel still stood up for her. Like when Rachel told the teacher all those legal facts in S3 in defense of Brooke? She always wanted to be friends with B. Then in S4, she still wanted to be real friends with her, even after Brooke did ALL that crap to her in S3 (being just plain rude to her all through S3 and putting up those pictures of HER). Like seriously then she was so rude to Rachel with the teacher thing at the beginning of S4 too and the calculus test - time after time and Rachel STILL took her back. Like honestly Rachel is just way too good for her and everyone goes on and on about how Rachel is so much worse than B. UGH I HATE IT.

Rachel was never that bad. She just had confidence with attitude and owned it. She stood up for herself. But the end of the day she was a NICE person.
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #119 on: November 03, 2010 at 03:49 PM »
Rachel is being defended because Brooke was wrong and was being a vindictive and vengeful bitch.  Yes, releasing the time capsule was wrong, but this is Rachel we're talking about. When has she ever shown morals or ethics? LOL But regardless, the time capsule had nothing to do with Brooke posting fat pictures of Rachel around town.

We all agree that Rachel was a bitch, but the things she did was exactly what catty high school girls do. She wanted to be the head bitch in charge at school, she wanted to take the squad from Brooke and be captain, she flirted with the popular jock(s), etc... No one is making Rachel out to be "innocent" but she didn't deserve to be publicly humiliated. What lesson should she have learned? Not to call Brooke out on masturbating? That's the reason Brooke broke into Rachel's stuff and stole the pictures. Brooke was just as bad as Rachel, so should someone have publicly humiliated Brooke as well so she could learn her lesson?

At the end of the day, what Brooke did was straight up vindictive. She wanted to embarrass and humiliate Rachel (whether she claimed she was going to reveal it was Rachel or not doesn't matter). Brooke was being a bully and the timing of it was what made it so much worse.

Offline Jensen

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2010 at 04:09 PM »
Lol, no need to be so riled! No one's actually going to TAKE your opinion from you.

I agree that Brooke did a ton of crappy things, they both didn't use good judgment or morals in a lot of situations. I never said Brooke was better than Rachel, but I'm more invested in her so whatevs. But Brooke never actually told anyone that the pictures were Rachel, and she even told Mouth later that she never would have gone THROUGH with "operation: fat rachel," meaning she wouldn't reveal to everyone who it was, I think it was her way of scaring Rachel. Was it right? Nopes, but I'd like to believe she still wouldn't have taken it any further. And I really don't think the only reason Brooke wanted payback was because of the "brooking herself" situation, lol, it was everything piled on from the season that Rachel did that pissed off Brooke, she even said that when talking to Mouth.

When I saw that episode, I definitely felt for Rachel, cause it was sad, but it still didn't make me like Brooke any less. Maybe the situation just didn't matter as much to me. But they were in high school, teenagers do stupid things. And my guess is Rachel would have easily done the same thing had the roles been reversed. But oh well! Love em both, lol.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2010 at 04:29 PM »
Like I said, it was the timing of the situation that made it so much worse. Yeah, they both did really stupid bitchy things to antagonize the other, but Brooke went out of her way to publicly humiliate Rachel, which isn't okay. It doesn't matter whether or not Brooke was going to reveal who it was or even what caused her to get back at Rachel (in my opinion, she's already gotten back at Rachel. For every ass hole thing Rachel did, Brooke got her back). It's the simple fact that she's STILL being a bully after something as tragic as the school shooting.

Offline ashleym

« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2010 at 10:26 PM »
It's not a matter of who is a "better" or "worse" person (people are even bringing up things from season 4? Not relevant to the discussion whatsoever!) It's about how Brooke treated Rachel at a certain point in time. And sorry, but Brooke was way out of line. She did it because she was insecure and couldn't handle someone threatening her "hottest girl" status. Notice how she WANTED Lucas to go on a date with someone "inferior" to her, but started a rivalry with Rachel after she saw Rachel DANCING with Lucas. All her reasons for "getting back" at Rachel are so petty, yet what she did to Rachel was downright cruel.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2010 at 12:26 AM »
It's not a matter of who is a "better" or "worse" person (people are even bringing up things from season 4? Not relevant to the discussion whatsoever!) It's about how Brooke treated Rachel at a certain point in time. And sorry, but Brooke was way out of line. She did it because she was insecure and couldn't handle someone threatening her "hottest girl" status. Notice how she WANTED Lucas to go on a date with someone "inferior" to her, but started a rivalry with Rachel after she saw Rachel DANCING with Lucas. All her reasons for "getting back" at Rachel are so petty, yet what she did to Rachel was downright cruel.

This times a million!!

Offline BJGfan

• Simply Stunning
« Reply #124 on: February 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM »
Brooke had absolutely no justified reason for doing this to Rachel. All it did to me was prove what a bitch Brooke was. Was Rachel a favorite character if mine? Heck no, but she didn't deserve that from Brooke. Brooke was jealous and way too insecure. In terms of the whole Brucas/Rachel stuff in the beginning, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that whole situation Brooke's fault? Yes, it was. She wanted the nonexclusive dating stuff and pushes Lucas to date someone else. I'm sorry but Rachel did nothing wrong. Technically, Lucas was fair game. Was Rachel annoying in the process? Very much so, but she didn't do anything wrong.

And in terms of the time capsule debate, the way I see it, two wrongs don't make a right. Brooke didn't post those pictures because of anything having to do with the time capsule. She posted them because she was immature and wanted "revenge" (even though she had no right to any kind of revenge). She wanted to deliberately hurt Rachel, and she obviously didn't give a damn about anyone else's feelings. Only herself.

So while I don't like Rachel at all, Brooke was in the wrong and had no right to do that to Rachel.
Paley--they're a team!