Author Topic: I wonder what the DVD will look like...  (Read 18294 times)

Offline Dom-4-Brooke

• I'm a VIP!
I wonder what the DVD will look like...
« on: May 18, 2011 at 07:32 PM »
It's sad that it's the only thing I look forward to when it comes to OTH.

I'm thinking that woods photoshoot, but it would be better if they did the dvd like season 4.

Offline Dom-4-Brooke

• I'm a VIP!
Re: I wonder what the DVD will look like...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011 at 08:45 PM »
That's not the DVD, its some knock off they sell online.

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011 at 09:44 PM »
What does it say on the bottom of the box? Something about four years..?

Offline Dom-4-Brooke

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011 at 09:53 PM »
THE WE PRESSER FOUR YEARS LATES

lol

Offline joiefan

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011 at 09:54 PM »
That cover is hiedous.

No to Sophia hogging up the middle like that and James being squeezed in on the edge. I call BS.

Offline Chris

• I'm a VIP!
  • Senior Bitch. 8 years and counting.
    • The Underlined
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011 at 09:54 PM »
i like that color though. I hope we get a bigger box and more discs than season 7. 5 discs just isnt enough.. :/

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM »
THE WE PRESSER FOUR YEARS LATES

lol

Hahahaha!

Well, it looks bad. I don't like the way the characters are on there. James is just squuuueeezed in there & I love Sophia, but her being smack dab in the middle isn't cool.

I'm hoping to God this isn't it.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011 at 10:07 PM »
I don't think that will be the real DVD cover .. Plus, we already got brown for season 6
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline Dom-4-Brooke

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011 at 05:00 PM »
Besides, that was the promo for season 8 fall line up.

Megan

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011 at 06:39 PM »
I'm guess in will be gray/silver ish (although I'm hoping they save that for the S9 dvd). With this photo on the front..

..And on the the back the back this photo (except super professionally photo-shopped into a gray tint)

AH. The dvd is going to be so, super cute!!!!

Offline Krystal

• IntheMoon
  • I'm a VIP!
  • long live. ♫
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011 at 07:15 PM »
That brown one is def not the cover. It says 'the complete edition' instead of 'the complete eighth season' and the bottom looks all weird, and they used those photos on the s7 cover. The cover will probably be on Amazon first.

I hope it is the solo pictures with the grey/silver background. The photoshopped tree ones like they have at the end of the promos look awful.  :laugh: But maybe they'll look better on a dvd cover?

There is only One T r e e Hill.

Offline joiefan

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011 at 04:05 AM »
I'm guess in will be gray/silver ish (although I'm hoping they save that for the S9 dvd). With this photo on the front..

..And on the the back the back this photo (except super professionally photo-shopped into a gray tint)

ROTFL. Yes, I agree. Just like that. Brooke's big head plastered on the front of DVD with the title One Brooke Hell.

Heh, I kid...

Klaustvd

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011 at 04:34 AM »
I wonder what episodes they did commentaries on?

Offline Krystal

• IntheMoon
  • I'm a VIP!
  • long live. ♫
    • tumblr
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011 at 04:52 AM »
^I know 8x02 or 8x03 is one of them, and I'm guessing the finale will be one too since they usually do commentary on that.

There is only One T r e e Hill.

Offline cpinchot

• Brucas Forever
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2011 at 08:50 PM »
Speaking of DVD releases....

Now that we know 9 is final season we better get a complete series with a bunch of stuff.

"I'll Miss The Girl Behind The Red Door"   Lucas Scott

Offline Callum.

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011 at 11:26 AM »
So funny when fans forget previous seasons concentrating on certain characters.

I'm sorry, but what was Season 7?! One long advert for the character of Haley. You don't mind it because you like Haley (like myself). But when it's a character you don't really like, it becomes a problem. Hypocrite, much?

I think the fact Brooke fans have been waiting EIGHT years for Brooke to be where Haley was by Season 4 (family, marriage, babies) says a lot about the speed they progressed Haley in comparison to Brooke. (two-fold)

So maybe the kind of screentime that was devoted to Brooke this Season is actually long overdue. Maybe you Haley fans/Brooke haters should think about that before posting because you just come across as very bitter fans with very short memories.

Offline brenda

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011 at 11:50 AM »
ROTFL. Yes, I agree. Just like that. Brooke's big head plastered on the front of DVD with the title One Brooke Hell.

Heh, I kid...

Funny ::) ...NOT

WORD!

Offline joiefan

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011 at 12:23 PM »
I think the fact Brooke fans have been waiting EIGHT years for Brooke to be where Haley was by Season 4 (family, marriage, babies) says a lot about the speed they progressed Haley in comparison to Brooke. (two-fold)

So maybe the kind of screentime that was devoted to Brooke this Season is actually long overdue. Maybe you Haley fans/Brooke haters should think about that before posting because you just come across as very bitter fans with very short memories.

OK. First, relax. I meant nothing by my comment and trust me I don't get bitter when it comes to One Tree Hill. It was a joke because the season nine poster was released when I posted that comment and lord knows Brooke monopolized the cover of that. Second, please don't be presumptuous. I'm not a Brooke hater. I'm not shy to admit when I enjoy Brooke's material nor am I shy to admit when I dislike either.

Lastly, I didn't know our criticisms about a DVD cover boiled down to a Haley vs Brooke argument. LOL. (You talk about short term memories but your memory seems to be awfully selective). And since you had to go there, don't kid yourself about Brooke's screen time being long over due. If there's anything that has been consistent in regards to writing, that has been the generous amounts of screen time given to Brooke. And just because Brooke hasn't gotten the storylines identical to Haley that does not mean that seasons one - seven amounted to nothing.

Offline Callum.

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011 at 12:49 PM »
I didn't know our criticisms about a DVD cover boiled down to a Haley vs Brooke argument. LOL

Your repeated criticisms about Brooke did that.

don't kid yourself about Brooke's screen time being long over due

You misunderstand. Throughout the show, Brooke's storylines have been less intensive and of less focus than others. Sure, she's had screentime, but until the time jump, much of it was superficial, IMO. It was screentime that made me love her character, but didn't give her much to do.  They progressed her character and gave her depth, but as for stuff to actually to do...not much.

Those important moments in life - a marriage, having children - were all given to Haley and Nathan (twice over) and Lucas and Peyton before they were ever given to Brooke. Even a dramatic event like being hospitalised didn't happen to Brooke until Season 8.

So yes, it was a big season for Brooke storyline wise (although screentime was quite evenly split) but that's only because she's had to wait. Because in Season 3 it was Haley and Nathan's marriage, in Seasopn Four it was Haley and Nathan's child. In Season Five it was Lucas and Linsday's wedding. In Season 6 it was Lucas and Peyton's wedding and Lucas and Peyton's pregnancy. So now it was Brooke's turn.

That's what is getting me so annoyed with people complaining about Brooke getting so much screentime this season. And so this was one throwaway comment by you, but my annoyance isn't JUST aimed at you. Brooke and her fans have had to wait EIGHT seasons for this. And when they finally get it, people who maybe dislike Brooke or prefer Naley get bitchy.

And I am not surprised they are monopolising on Brooke. Sophia is probably the only cast member to actually promote the show.

Offline joiefan

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011 at 01:05 PM »

I don't spend too much time talking about Brooke. Of the 500 posts I have I'd say less than ten posts have been about Brooke.

You misunderstand. Throughout the show, Brooke's storylines have been less intensive and of less focus than others. Sure, she's had screentime, but until the time jump, much of it was superficial, IMO. It was screentime that made me love her character, but didn't give her much to do.  They progressed her character and gave her depth, but as for stuff to actually to do...not much.

Those important moments in life - a marriage, having children - were all given to Haley and Nathan (twice over) and Lucas and Peyton before they were ever given to Brooke. Even a dramatic event like being hospitalised didn't happen to Brooke until Season 8.

So yes, it was a big season for Brooke storyline wise (although screentime was quite evenly split) but that's only because she's had to wait. Because in Season 3 it was Haley and Nathan's marriage, in Seasopn Four it was Haley and Nathan's child. In Season Five it was Lucas and Linsday's wedding. In Season 6 it was Lucas and Peyton's wedding and Lucas and Peyton's pregnancy. So now it was Brooke's turn.

That's what is getting me so annoyed with people complaining about Brooke getting so much screentime this season. And so this was one throwaway comment by you, but my annoyance isn't JUST aimed at you. Brooke and her fans have had to wait EIGHT seasons for this. And when they finally get it, people who maybe dislike Brooke or prefer Naley get bitchy.

Fine, I'll let you continue to minimize the events that happened to Brooke prior to season eight because whatever I say probably won't change your mind.

And I am not surprised they are monopolising on Brooke. Sophia is probably the only cast member to actually promote the show.

LOL. Again, stop kidding yourself. She may promote the show the most but she's definitely not the only one. Joy and James consistently do interviews with examiner, Zap2it, and TVGuide. Not to mention Joy crossed over to Life Unexpected which is something that was unprecedented on this show. Not to mention everytime Joy or anyone else sings a song on the show and release the track on iTunes, that is promotion for the show.

Also, LOL. Sophia going to events and doing self-promotion does not always equate to Sophia promoting the show. Maybe because you ignore the other cast member's attempts to promote OTH doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Offline SirMixAlot

• I'm a VIP!
  • DRIZZY DRAKE MAN
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011 at 01:17 PM »

That's what is getting me so annoyed

Nothing about this should get you SO annoyed. It was a joke and more importantly...

It's a tv show......

apparently Peyton fans are the defensive ones  ::)
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Offline carolina2

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011 at 01:42 PM »

I'm sorry, but what was Season 7?! One long advert for the character of Haley. You don't mind it because you like Haley (like myself). But when it's a character you don't really like, it becomes a problem. Hypocrite, much?

AGREED!

Offline boop47

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011 at 02:53 PM »

I'm not even a Haley fan but whether we like her or not, we have to admit she's been the character, out of the core 5, who has been neglected the most since the show has started (screentime and storylines wise). She was always written like an extension of Nathan and/or Lucas the majority of the time. There were only a few times in 8 years where a storyline has been just about her and carried by her. Sure Brooke has also been written as an extension of LP in previous seasons but even there, if you compare, Brooke has always had more screentime than Haley, with the exception of season 7 which was definitely Haley's season but saying Brooke should have had more focus this season due to the storylines she had in previous seasons doesn't make much sense to me.
Brooke has been one of the characters this show has invested in more, she's one of the characters that has had the greatest amount of focus (whether it was used to good or bad things, she still had it). So overall we have one season great for Haley and 6 that weren't anything special and all of a sudden she should just take a backseat to Brooke. And for Brooke, we have 6 great seasons and 1 that wasn't anything special and all of a sudden she deserves all the devotion and feet kissing the other characters do to her. That's having a short memory.

And I am not surprised they are monopolising on Brooke. Sophia is probably the only cast member to actually promote the show

And why do you think that's the way it happens? I can assure you it's not because Sophia cares more about the show than Joy and/or James do. She's the only one promoting it because she's Mark and CW's little pretty girl. Why? Because, unlike the other two, she says yes to everything and kisses the grass they walk in. James and Joy know by now Sophia's special status will never change so they just gave up trying. For what? They'll never be treated equal so they don't feel the need to promote the show to the extent Sophia does.

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011 at 03:10 PM »

LOL.  Exactly how I pictured it.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011 at 03:26 PM »

Completely agree. And that comes from someone who loves both Naley as Brooke.