Author Topic: I wonder what the DVD will look like...  (Read 18325 times)

Offline brenda

Re: I wonder what the DVD will look like...
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011 at 03:43 PM »
And why do you think that's the way it happens? I can assure you it's not because Sophia cares more about the show than Joy and/or James do. She's the only one promoting it because she's Mark and CW's little pretty girl. Why? Because, unlike the other two, she says yes to everything and kisses the grass they walk in. James and Joy know by now Sophia's special status will never change so they just gave up trying. For what? They'll never be treated equal so they don't feel the need to promote the show to the extent Sophia does.

I find it disrespectful  vut it' not the first time with you ::)
And how do you know? LoL to those who think they know everything about the show and the cast!

Offline boop47

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011 at 04:15 PM »
I find it disrespectful  vut it' not the first time with you ::)
And how do you know? LoL to those who think they know everything about the show and the cast!

You believe in what you want.

Offline Callum.

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011 at 04:22 PM »
James and Joy know by now Sophia's special status will never change so they just gave up trying.

Oh yes! They gave up trying so much that they signed on for a ninth season. Okay, sure.

As or your former point, I respectfully disagree.

Offline boop47

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011 at 04:25 PM »
[spoiler]James and Joy know by now Sophia's special status will never change so they just gave up trying.[/spoiler]

Oh yes! They gave up trying so much that they signed on for a ninth season. Okay, sure.

As or your former point, I respectfully disagree.

They gave up promoting the show, not the show itself.

Okay, I respect that too.

Offline GA

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011 at 04:30 PM »
How did this thread become about brooke vs naley.

this is about the dvd boxset and it isn't going to be all Brooke/Sophia.

Mark did commentaries with Robert Buckley and Shantel VanSanten.

Yes I agree, Brey.

I think they need to pay homage to the very essence of Season 8. Also for the CW network, sex sells. So in my opinion, to maximize the number of DVD sales, the back and front of the DVD should feature Shantel in itty bitty panties in the "holding your own boobs" pose which also would be a nod to SMG who is the lead for Ringer. They need to change things up a bit... add a little spice ya know? I think Mark especially would agree with this. I know that 10 years from now, how the DVD looks will be one of the most important things about this show. So that's my opinion.

joyforthestars

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2011 at 04:33 PM »
the dvd won't be release until december 2011, that is what i read.

Offline Krystal

• IntheMoon
  • I'm a VIP!
  • long live. ♫
    • tumblr
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2011 at 06:31 PM »
It'll be out sometime in August I think. Play.com has it listed as October 3rd for the UK since we tend to get boxsets a few months later (although E4 hasn't even started airing it yet lol.)

I disagree with Sophia having some kind of 'special status'. She's the most famous out of the cast/goes to the most events where as James and Joy are very private and seem more homely (which I both respect and admire and I don't blame them for not wanting to get involved with the kind of 'celebrity' side of being an actor, since OTH is a small show too) so of course she's going to promote it more, since she can't help if people ask her about it in interviews and they want to know what's going on. I'm pretty sure all of the cast with twitter advertised the series finale, telling people to tune in. Like others have said, Brooke had to wait a long time to get her happy ending, and it wouldn't be fair for her fans for her to not get it but Naley and Leyton do.

Anyway, I hope the gag reel is longer than 2 minutes this year.

There is only One T r e e Hill.

Klaustvd

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011 at 06:41 PM »
This should be the s8 dvd cover.

Offline joiefan

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011 at 03:22 AM »
^Except it was the same DVD cover for last year's set (with the exception of Shantel and Rob's photos).

They will most probably use this image...

(But again they'll be using the same photos for Sophia and Austin and the same pose for Joy and James, so I honestly don't know.)

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2011 at 09:02 AM »
They better come up with an original picture. Loved the S4 and S3 box.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2011 at 10:09 AM »
It would make sense for it to come out in december, just like season 4 since season 9 will air in january !! I just hope that it will come out in august!
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline Jenileesk8

• Posting Freak
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2011 at 10:16 AM »
^Except it was the same DVD cover for last year's set (with the exception of Shantel and Rob's photos).

(But again they'll be using the same photos for Sophia and Austin and the same pose for Joy and James, so I honestly don't know.)

i like the second picture for the cover!
~JeniLee~

Offline l.noir

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2011 at 06:52 PM »
It would probably just be better to go with individual headshots like season 4. Isn't that what they do once there are no group shots left to use?

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011 at 12:39 AM »
I would like individual shots more than a group shot, so I'm really hoping they do that.

Offline cdeal94

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon & Sig: Agnes
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011 at 01:41 PM »
Me, too.  I didn't care too much for the group shots I've seen so far.  I would love for them to do a whole new photoshoot, but I really doubt that will happen.

I would love that too! They could at least do one more for seasons 8 & 9.

Offline *SoPhIaFaN01*

• Posting Freak
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2011 at 01:44 PM »

I hope it's this one, I really like it.

Offline simy

• credits icon:popo - signature:lovablesinss
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011 at 07:27 AM »
found this on fanpop:

Season 8 dvd release date, special features and commentaries

* Audio commentaries
“I Can’t See You, But I Know You’re There” - with creator/executive producer/writer Mark Schwahn, executive producers Joe Davola and actor(s) Shantel VanSanten Robert Buckley

“Darkness on the Edge of Town” - with creator/executive producer/co-writer Mark Schwahn and actor Shantel VanSanten

“This is My House, This is My Home” - with creator/executive producer/co-writer Mark Schwahn and actor(s) Shantel VanSanten Bethany Joy Galeotti Kate Voegele

Deleted scenes
Episodes: 1, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 22

* Gag reel
* “Shantel VanSanten & Robert Buckley Thats what she said”

* “OTH - The making of 8x11”

* “OTH – The Director’s Debut: Following First-Time Helmer Austin Nichols.

US RELEASE: August 29, 2011
UK RELEASE: October 24, 2011
AUSTRIA RELEASE: February 13, 2012

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/one-tree-hill/picks/results/728171/season-8-dvd-release-date-special-features-commentaries

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011 at 08:13 AM »
That might be true, but I would wait for confirmation on that. Fanpop is notorious for for foilers. There is one poster going around creating account after account posting things that aren't true, and most of that stuff revolves around Shantel/Quinn & Rob/Clay. Guess Breyton changed message board.

But if, and that's a big if, it's true, then that's kind of crap in my opinion. Sure, the gag reel and the stuff with Austin sounds interesting, but  all three commentaries include Shantel? I know Mark's in love with her, but that's a little too much. And she was hardly in the last episode so I don't see what she would have to talk about.  And I really hate the commentaries where Mark is included. He never lets anyone else talk!

Edit: I found the original source, and it was taken off Wikipedia, so yeah, I'm gonna wait for confirmation from a reliable site.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2011 at 08:19 AM »
If it's true I think the extra's are cool. Commentary by Kate Voegele and Joy on 8x22 might be awesome ; love those 2, aswell as I love Shantel. Agree with Bugger thought about Mark. If he is included he just cant stop talking. The show is like his wife, lol ; he loves it so much and stuff which is great, but in these commentaries I always wish he'd be a little more quiet.

But I don't assume the extra's are true untill an official releasement comes throught. Can't wait for the box to arrive so I can make my collection complete.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011 at 10:50 AM »
I agree with everything Bugger said.  I always wait for confirmations on things.  But if it is true--the gag reels and the 8.22 extra are about the only things that seem somewhat interesting to me.  It's not that I don't like Shantel (I do), but why is she the only one who's in the features.  Everyone should have a chance to do a commentary with one of the episodes.  I would like to hear a commentary with Joy and Sophia together--I think that would be awesome.  And of course, James and Austin as well.  I don't know, but I don't think I'll be enjoying the extras too much for this season if this is correct.

Joy and Sophia together would be great indeed! :)

Offline carolina2

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011 at 11:06 AM »
I really hope that is not true. I love Shantel but I really don't think she needs to do more than 1 commentary. They need Sophia/James/Austin/Jackson to do them to. Kate is a little random for 8x22. I know she was in it, but she didn't have a big part. What makes me think this is fake is that Joy is doing commentary for 8x22. I just don't see how that would have worked out with her new baby.

Offline kayleighOTHfan23

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011 at 11:09 AM »
Also, why would it include the Austrian DVD release date? I have nothing against Austria but it just seems a lil bit random. Unless they have a huge OTH DVD market.

The Shantel & Rob "That's what she said" thing made me think it's probably Breyton, haha... but I don't know. And I thought the same about Joy & her baby, but I do want her to do a commentary sometime. And I hope the gag reel is good this year!

Offline carolina2

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2011 at 11:25 AM »
I read another post on fan pop that said commentary for 8x22 was: Mark, Shantel, Rob, and Stephen (not Joy and Kate). So I'm crossing my fingers this is wrong. I would have liked:

8x02 Mark, Shantel, Rob
8x11 Mark, Austin, Sophia, Jackson
8x18 Mark, Austin (directorial debut)
8x22 Mark, Sophia, Joy, James

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2011 at 01:08 PM »
^^^Those are good.  That would have made for a great feature for the commentaries.

ICA

I do have a soft spot for Kate Voegele thought so her giving commentary may be great aswell :p

joyforthestars

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2011 at 02:39 PM »
Season 8 dvd release date, special features and commentaries

* Audio commentaries
“I Can’t See You, But I Know You’re There” - with creator/executive producer/writer Mark Schwahn, executive producers Joe Davola and actor(s) Shantel VanSanten Robert Buckley

“Darkness on the Edge of Town” - with creator/executive producer/co-writer Mark Schwahn and actor Shantel VanSanten

“This is My House, This is My Home” - with creator/executive producer/co-writer Mark Schwahn and actor(s) Shantel VanSanten Bethany Joy Galeotti Kate Voegele

Deleted scenes
Episodes: 1, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 22

* Gag reel
* “Shantel VanSanten & Robert Buckley Thats what she said”

* “OTH - The making of 8x11”

* “OTH – The Director’s Debut: Following First-Time Helmer Austin Nichols.

US RELEASE: August 29, 2011
UK RELEASE: October 24, 2011
AUSTRIA RELEASE: February 13, 2012

It is on Wikipedia and it looks real so guess we have to see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Tree_Hill_%28season_8%29#DVD_release