Author Topic: 3x16 (greatest television program)  (Read 1551 times)

TheUndertaker

3x16 (greatest television program)
« on: February 01, 2012 at 11:15 AM »
3x16 "With tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired souls, We slept"

Easily the greatest episode of OTH ever next to 8x11 "Darkness on the edge of town".

Episodes like this are the reason why the network shouldn't cancel this show. "One Tree Hill" has built a very good reputation for themselves by producing episodes like this one that deal with issues that many teens of today are going through. When Jimmy Edwards comes into school one day with a gun, he shoots it and unknowingly hits another student (a main character of the show). Ducking into a room with some other students, he pretends to be a victim just as one of them, but snaps at a point, pulls out his gun, and turns it into a hostage situation. The show features basically that one room and the students in it, questioning why this is happening. The ending somewhat cliffhanger of the show is what really makes OTH shine.

I personally thought it was a great episode, possibly the best in the season and overall show. This particular episode really focused on the one of the biggest issue in high school, "Bullying". It illustrated what can happen if it was to continue. This I think is great as it contains moral teaching to some of the younger audience of One Tree Hill.

This episode should have gotten OTH a best emmy nod and a possible win at least for best actor with Chad Michael Murray, Craig Sheffer, Paul Johansson and Colin Fickis, all four were phenomenal as well best overall show because Mark Schwahn's writing was top notch.

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
Re: 3x16 (greatest television program)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012 at 11:27 AM »
LOL.

Easily the greatest episode of OTH ever next to 8x11 "Darkness on the edge of town".

:laugh: how can you even compare 3x16 to the suckfest that was 8x11??

This episode should have gotten OTH a best emmy nod and a possible win at least for best actor with Chad Michael Murray, Paul Johansson and Colin F, all three where phenomenal as well best overall show because Mark Schwahn's writing was top notch.

3x16 is one of my favourite episodes but there are limits, pal. It was a good episode for OTH but it'd be nothing more than a bad/mediocre episode in a critically acclaimed tv show.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012 at 01:36 PM »
3x16 "With tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired souls, We slept"

Definitely. My second favourite episode of OTH, I just loved it!!! (my first is 6.24)

And I absolutely LOVED 8x11 but 3x16 is sosososososo much better IMO.

NickJess

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012 at 01:38 PM »
3x16 was terrible! I was so bored. :laugh: I did love that Keith died though, dude was dull as hell. Loved 8x11 though.

And Chad & Emmy should not even be put in the same sentence!  :o Dude didn't do much this episode imo.

And quick question, but are you Mark? Or a lover of his? I've never seen someone give that much credit to Mark and say he's worthy of an Emmy. :laugh:

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012 at 02:03 PM »
Hahaha John, I love your pics! ^^

Offline gophergirl21

• There Is No Finish Line
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012 at 02:10 PM »
John your pictures crack me up. I agree that 3x16 was a very good episode and it should in no way be compared to the suckfest that was 8x11.
Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Perform in the present.

Offline BoogeyMan09

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012 at 02:17 PM »
3x16 was terrible! I was so bored.
:o
I was quite interested and hooked on while watching this episode! I thought it was great, anyway. Sophia did a poor job IMO.

and as for 8x11, I thought the episode was stupid. Why is Mark trying to recycle old story lines, if you all recall 3x22, car crash, over a bridge, life and death, newly wed couple...

It's as if Mark is trying to match up BJu with NH, which will NEVER happen because for lots of reasons

1) Joy and James great chemistry whereas Austin and Sophia NONE!!!!!
2) Nathan and Haley genuine stable real couple

and a gazillion more reasons.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012 at 02:26 PM »
I liked this episode, but it's not my fave one from season 3, actually this one is one of my least fave episodes ever.

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012 at 02:36 PM »
:o
I was quite interested and hooked on while watching this episode! I thought it was great, anyway. Sophia did a poor job IMO.

and as for 8x11, I thought the episode was stupid. Why is Mark trying to recycle old story lines, if you all recall 3x22, car crash, over a bridge, life and death, newly wed couple...

It's as if Mark is trying to match up BJu with NH, which will NEVER happen because for lots of reasons

1) Joy and James great chemistry whereas Austin and Sophia NONE!!!!!

and a gazillion more reasons.

Of course you think Sophia did a poor job. Wouldn't be you otherwise. :laugh: I didn't think anyone did a spectacular job this episode. Well part from a scene they cut with Sophia.  :P

As for Sophia and Austin not having chemistry? Well that's you opinion. I don't see any between Joy and James, which is why I can't get myself to liking their scenes, even though I think the way they're written is incredibly dull as well.
Nh and BJu may have gone through similar stuff at times, and some like the NH way better and some, like me, prefer Brooke and Julian's journey and chemistry.

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012 at 03:45 PM »
And please don't compare 3.16 with 8.11. That's just insulting. :D
True. Because 8x11 was actually good.  :P

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012 at 03:57 PM »
Yes, both epis were pretty good :D

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012 at 04:10 PM »

and BJu aren't? Ok then...

NickJess

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012 at 04:13 PM »
Good at epic failure.   :P

Which is why it got some of the best reviews ever in the shows history. :laugh:

Offline iloveny-x

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012 at 04:17 PM »
Haven't come across any of these reviews. Can you link them?

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012 at 04:30 PM »
Haven't come across any of these reviews. Can you link them?

Just google it. I remember reading plenty of good reviews for that episode.

Offline Bugger

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012 at 04:32 PM »
Who's talking reviews--I'm talking about my opinion. And IMO, it was an epic failure.

Fair enough. Was it more on an epic failure then the superhero episode? :laugh: Because that was was truly horrible. Though not nearly as bad as 6x11, because that episode was probably the worst episode I've ever seen from any show. I couldn't even finish it.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012 at 05:28 PM »
3X16 was definitely one of the greatest episodes of the series.. So much emotion and it was really powerful
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline Elilo

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012 at 05:53 PM »
I think I've watched 3.16 more than 30 times... And I still enjoy it. Its not my favourite episode ever ( that would be 3.09)  but I feel like it is the most meaningful episode of the whole series, it touched an important and strong message & IMO every single character was played excellent.
Was it Emmy worthy? I don't really know because a lot of shows recieving such awards are in my opinion worthless waste of times... One thing that made me love OTH was that this show was never about awards and all those craps. It involves a more personal aspect of my life

Oh and comparing 3.16 and 8.11 is just cruel. 8.11 was better episodes of the disaster known as season 8 (even though I LOVE BJu) 3.16 is a masterpiece compared to that.
'He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream, and he sometimes wondered whose it was, and whether they were enjoying it.'

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012 at 08:33 AM »
God, the super hero episode was bad, lol. First time it was funny but the second time...not so much. Don't even get me started about 6x11. Waste of time watching that episode, lol.

Lucasoth03

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012 at 10:27 PM »
Chad was amazing in this episode.